Gentoo boot issue

Marcus Webb marcus.webb at cwtdigital.com
Thu Dec 22 02:47:10 CST 2011

Hi all

I have a Dell Poweredge 1850 server with Poweredge RAID H430 card in
this. Because the distro hadn't been updated in an age, there was an
issue when the updates took place, and now the server is effectively
non-functional. I had planned to boot off an ISO, chroot into the
original environment and effectively re-install without wiping the
disks. However the latest install-minimal release doesn't appear to
support the raid card so when it's booted up  I can't see the drive at
all. I thought of a live DVD where I know there are more drivers but the
machine doesn't have a dvd drive installed.

Does anyone know which modules I can use with modprobe to get the server
booted up?
Alternatively does anyone know of a gentoo-compatible environment which
I can boot off a live cd into to get this working again?

All Ideas gratefully received.

Regards

Marcus Webb

Systems Administrator | CWT Digital

t. 0845 456 0070 Extn 212 w. cwtdigital.com
<http://www.cwtdigital.com/?utm_source=E-mail%2BSignature&utm_medium=E-mail&utm_campaign=E-mail%2BSignature>

Click With Technology | Design:Development:Online Marketing
<http://www.cwtdigital.com/?utm_source=E-mail%2BSignature&utm_medium=E-mail&utm_campaign=E-mail%2BSignature>

Units A/B, Level 8 North, New England House, New England Street,
Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4GH

Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Burgess-Hill-United-Kingdom/Click-with-Technology/169157701182>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/cwtdigital> Blog RSS