Issues with OpenManage + CentOs 5.4

Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com
Thu Sep 30 10:59:41 CDT 2010

Chris,
I think you will want to use the --noscripts option.  It may take some additional tweaks to get everything running afterwards, but I know there are others who have taken this approach.  Hopefully they will respond with what they did.  As mentioned before, what you are doing is unsupported........Hopefully it will get you going though.

Wayne Weilnau
Systems Management Technologist
Dell | OpenManage Software Development

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Szilagyi [mailto:chris at apex-internet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:01 PM
To: Weilnau, Wayne
Cc: liberty at rapleaf.com; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: Issues with OpenManage + CentOs 5.4

Wayne,

I tried installing the RPMs for OMSA 5.5 as you suggested.  It seems that
they too are doing some sort of system check.  "srvadmin-omilcore" installs
fine.  But, the remaining packages fail to install with the error:

srvadmin-syscheck: This RPM is not supported on this system (sysid=009B)
error: %pre(srvadmin-syscheck-5.5.0-364.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping
srvadmin-syscheck-5.5.0-364

I've tried adding "Tikanga" to /etc/redhat-release , however it does not help.

Does anybody know of a way to get this to install?

Thanks again in advance!

--
Chris