remote configuration once for pxe

Gido_Baumann at Dell.com Gido_Baumann at Dell.com
Wed Sep 22 10:36:59 CDT 2010

Hi Martin,

usually it is possible to change boot order via ipmitool, racdam or
syscfg from DELL deployment toolkit (DTK).
In some configuration you can use ipmitool and racadm also remote.
All tools are available for Linux as CLI version.

But you are using a blade server M610.
In related documentation to blade systems I did not found a way to
change boot order via ipmitool or racadm.

So syscfg from DELL deployment toolkit (DTK) should do the job.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/dtk/3_3/index.htm
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/dtk/3_3/cli/html/dtkclc0d
.htm#wp1183349

> with racadm or SM CLP shell only the next  boot from pxe and
> for the next boot from hardiskk again ?

Later you should switch back to former boot order.

Regards,