DRAC5 loading console redirection plug-in hangs..

Nick Lunt nick.lunt at patech-solutions.com
Tue Sep 21 07:03:44 CDT 2010

I have further info on this which I thought may prove useful if someone
has issues in the future and searches the list.

I had 2 2950's running DRAC5's in a DMZ. I needed to remotely upgrade
the OS's from RH4.6 to RH5.2.
I fired up firefox version firefox-1.5.0.12-0.3.el4 on one of the
servers and connected to the DRAC on the other server.
Upgraded to RH5.2, no problems.

Then I wanted to update the other server to RH5.2 from the server I'd
just upgraded, however the version of firefox on RH5.2 is a beta and
will not work with the DRAC5 console, I just got the hanging at loading
console redirection plug-in error again, so I upgraded firefox to 3.6.9
but that had the same issue.

To be able to access the DRAC5 console from RH5.2 I had to install an
older version of firefox, specifically this version
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.12/linux-i6
86/en-GB/, it just extracts to wherever and runs, absolutely no problem
with the DRAC5, the plugin installed etc everything is spot on hunky
dory.