Dell R300, dellomsa => tg3 hanging

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Sep 20 13:52:01 CDT 2010

  Hello list,

Recentlty I have some R300 to play (or to work) with.
I have a big issue when installing dellomsa(openmanage) from sara.
Quickly after the dellomsa service start, the network hang.
The interface is still up from both the server and the switch side, but
traffic (I think incoming traffic) is dropped (rx_discard counter growing).

My settup is classic : lenny, standard (2.6.26) or bpo (2.6.32) kernel,
dellomsa 6.

Restarting the network via /etc/init.d/networking restart solve this but
this is strange, and worrying.

Anything with the same problem ? fix ? (apparently on the sara
bugtracker, there are some other people facing this problem, but no fix
at this time).

Regards,

--
Raphael Mazelier