Issues with OpenManage + CentOs 5.4

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Fri Sep 17 08:38:24 CDT 2010

Hello:

/tmp is just on the default root filesystem (/) on this server, and it has
plenty free:

Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/sda2            3074176  136227 2937949    5% /

It's the EXT3 filesystem, if that makes any difference.  Please let me know
if there are any other suggestions you can think of.

Thank you for the help!

> Check available inodes.  df -i
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Chris Szilagyi
> <chris at apex-internet.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I recently set up a PowerEdge 2400 server running CentOS 5.4.  I'm trying
>> get OpenManage 4.5 installed (last version that I could find, that
>> supports
>> the PowerEdge 2400).  I installed everything using the supplied scripts,
>> however when I try to start the services with "srvadmin-services.sh
>> start",
>> I get the following:
>>
>> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
>> Starting dcdbas device driver:                             [  OK  ]
>> Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
>> Starting dcstor32d:                                        [  OK  ]
>> Starting dcevt32d:                                         [  OK  ]
>> Starting OM Common Services:                               [  OK  ]
>> invcol Error: extract(): Unable to create temporary files. Please ensure
>> that there is enough space in the
>> tmp folder.
>> Starting Secure Port Server:                               [  OK  ]
>>
>> The disk has over 7 GB of free space, and permissions look OK on /tmp.
>> Has
>> anybody seen this problem or know of a solution?  So far I'm stumped.
>>
>> Thank you !!
>> --
>> Chris

Chris Szilagyi