Issues with OpenManage + CentOs 5.4

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Thu Sep 16 22:29:31 CDT 2010

Hello:

I recently set up a PowerEdge 2400 server running CentOS 5.4.  I'm trying to
get OpenManage 4.5 installed (last version that I could find, that supports
the PowerEdge 2400).  I installed everything using the supplied scripts,
however when I try to start the services with "srvadmin-services.sh start",
I get the following:

Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dcdbas device driver:                             [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dcstor32d:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting dcevt32d:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting OM Common Services:                               [  OK  ]
invcol Error: extract(): Unable to create temporary files. Please ensure
that there is enough space in the
tmp folder.
Starting Secure Port Server:                               [  OK  ]

The disk has over 7 GB of free space, and permissions look OK on /tmp.  Has
anybody seen this problem or know of a solution?  So far I'm stumped.

Thank you !!
--
Chris