Which disk controllers work best with Linux?

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 22:33:28 CDT 2010

> So any suggestions/experience would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone for the informative replies!  We had a PERC 5/i with a
couple of SATA disks but I wasn't really that impressed with it.  It was
ok, but raw throughput from each disk was about 25% faster when it was
connected to a desktop PC instead.  I guess if you have enough disks you
don't notice the drop off.

And yes, we have had a CERC which I'm glad to hear is as bad as it gets!

Same we can't get hot-swap with the onboard controllers, without that
perhaps the H700 is worth looking in to...

Thanks again,
Adam.