PE R905 Northbridge Error

Clark, Patti clarkp at osti.gov
Tue Sep 14 08:14:35 CDT 2010

I have 3 R905 servers with 128GB RAM.  Each of these servers has had the following errors appear in their system logs at least once.  I have searched the 'net each time it has happened without finding anything useful.  Errors always give me a concern, but this behavior seems to be spurious without any consequences.  Does anyone know why these are generated and whether they need attention?

Sep  2 01:52:32 lxdb2.osti.gov kernel:  Northbridge Error, node 1, core: -1
Sep  2 01:52:32 lxdb2.osti.gov kernel: K8 ECC error.

Patti Clark - RHCT, GSEC
Sr. Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Office of Scientific and Technical Information