perc h700 debian lenny "No controllers found"

Gagan_Shrestha at Dell.com Gagan_Shrestha at Dell.com
Tue Sep 14 06:59:03 CDT 2010

H700 Controller (PERC 7 series) support was introduced with OM6.2.
Hence, you will need to have OM6.2 or above to be able to manage and
monitor H700 controllers from OM.

Thanks.

--
Gagan

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Anwar Maharban
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:24 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: perc h700 debian lenny "No controllers found"

  Hi,

OMSA 6.0 can't see the H700 controller, OMSA 6.3 however can.
Perhaps you should consider using 6.3 instead.
Though, i have only got it to work on Debian Squeeze which is testing..
also i had to install some packages from Ubuntu to get it to work.
But atleast it did the job and the H700 controller was managable through

the web-interface.

Just my 2 cents :)

Anwar Maharban