Dell OMSA 5.4 on a PE4600 (Debian 3.0)

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Mon Sep 13 08:26:03 CDT 2010

I have an old box here I use just for some legacy stuff, running Debian 3.0. I just tried to install the OMSA 5.4 package from ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/outgoing/dell/binary-i386/

Stopping & Starting dellomsa...
Stopping Systems Management Device Drivers:
Stopping dcdbas: Not started *
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Building dcdbas using DKS: *
Starting dcdbas: *
dcdbas device driver load failed for kernel 2.4.18-buzz-smp.
See /var/log/dcdbas.log for output from modprobe.
invoke-rc.d: initscript instsvcdrv, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing dellomsa (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 155
 dellomsa
oldbuzz:/tmp# cat /var/log/dcdbas.log
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: unresolved symbol set_cpus_allowed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: insmod dcdbas failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: unresolved symbol set_cpus_allowed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-buzz-smp/kernel/drivers/firmware/dcdbas.o: insmod dcdbas failed

I found a related error here: http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2007-September/032957.html but there was no dcddks.c. Im gonna guess that this version of OMSA wont work.

Does anyone know what version of OMSA I can get from sara.nll that will work?

Regards