Advice for a debian server

i3D.net - Joep Gottlieb joepgottlieb at i3D.net
Mon Sep 6 08:12:55 CDT 2010

 Dependable on what you want,

If you want one of the new raid cards in your server, H700 or H200 (I've
even heard the S100 and S300 have problems with debian) You don't want
Debian, or you want Debian Squeeze.

When you go for a server in the R x10 serie, you will most likely face
problems with the Broadcom Ethernet Adapters (5716 if i say correctly
out of my head) Yet you can bypass this problem by installing the bnx2
drivers manually with it.

The drivers are fine, they are just not compiled by default in the
kernel. (reached 108MB's with it on a R510)

If you really want Debian, and not want to go true all this trouble, one
of the older Dell's the R x00 serie, don't have these problems.

Best regards,

Joep Gottlieb

**Contact**
E-mail Personal:            **joep at i3d.net** <mailto:joep at i3d.net>