R810 with QLE8152 CNA

Chris Henderson chrhende at fastenal.com
Fri Sep 3 09:50:38 CDT 2010

  I purchased an R810 with 2 Qlogic QLE8152 CNA's installed. The machine
is running Red Hat 5.5 and is fully patched. I am not able to detect a
link on any CNA port using ethtool. The Cisco switch sees a link, so I'm
not sure why the OS doesn't. I pulled the fibre and SFP+ from one of the
ports and put it into an identical machine running ESX 4.0u2 and it
works just fine there, so it has to be something with the machine
running Red Hat 5.5.  There is a KB
article(https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-21649) which says, "This
card requires drivers that were first shipped in Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5.4. Please use kernel 2.6.18-164.el5 or newer (the kernel from
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4) if you wish to use the card." My
understand is that this article was part of a certifcation for another
vendor, but it seems like it should work here as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Chris Henderson