any advice to find root cause of "Falling back to HPET" ?

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Sun May 23 23:45:03 CDT 2010

Thanks. Good point.

As an aside, this weekend has been a bizarre weekend. After finally
resolving this "lost ticks" issue, another server kernel panic and crashed
mysteriously, and again kernel panic upon boot up.. some messages about bad
memory in DIMM8 and DIMM7. then my friend's Drobo went all red and failed
this afternoon. We must be getting showered by intense cosmic rays this
weekend....

thanks for the responses from everyone.
-Bond