Ubuntu Virtualization on Dell Power Edge

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sat May 22 08:21:28 CDT 2010

Hi,
this week we are planning to test Ubuntu Ubuntu Server Edition on Dell
Power Edge R710
with KVM.
I have checked Ubuntu site
http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/200905-2781/
they have certified it.

I wish from this list if some one who had done the same on their Dell
R710 servers please
1) share the issues they might have faced
2)  some basic guidance for creating Guest OS etc .(I have done my home work)

I am not new to virtualization I have very well worked with Xen VMs on
command line and have gone through the documentation also but asking
if some one might be having an interesting link or tutorial to share.

If some one wants to see they can see a snapshot of my Xen VMs here
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/4617619327_7f4bfcdb05_o.png (This
snapshot is a text based install of CentOS guest on Xen hypervisor)

So if some one has some thing which they can share that would be nice.
Thanks and regards.
--
Tapas