Dell Power Edge R710 with CentOS

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri May 21 19:46:35 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:57:09PM +0300, Markus Kovero wrote:
> Latest "fix" for issue is to disable C-states under processor
> configuration in bios. this also fixes problems in other OS's
> (eg. in solaris) Dell has been aware of the issue for months without
> real fix, just workarounds.

I'm not sure what "latest" means, but we did manage to find the root
cause of the failure where the MSI bit would get stuck - which also
explains why disabling MSI-X worked around it.  The right solution is
to use code already in the driver to manage the timeout on that bit
automatically, which is what we are testing with 5.5+ and expect in
newer RHEL kernels ASAP.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist