pygrub is failing to boot centos domu on Debian lenny dom0

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Fri May 21 06:49:47 CDT 2010

Hi,I am asking this question on this list have asked on Xen list also
but have not reached any successful conclusion.Probably some sys admin
who is using Power Edge R710 might have done it before.
So I am asking here.

If some one has a link to some blog or what ever tutorial please
forward.I have gone through CentOS DomU wiki.
I have uploaded snapshots of most of my process so that you may understand.

So here we go.

I am running Debian Lenny on Power Edge R710
2.6.26-2-xen-amd64
and 3 DomU in Debian Lenny are running successfully.

I have been doing all this for the same from past one week without any success.
I am trying to run a CentOS DomU on Debian Dom0 .

I have uploaded a few snapshots which show the process was a bit
successful but later had failed.
You can see the snapshots here

http://mightydreams..com/2010/05/centos-domu-on-debian.html
do not go by the links there they are just for my reference see the snapshots.

I created a VM using QEMU and it boots fine.Which you can see in
snapshots on SSH.
(Except network connectivity)

Now for Debian Dom0
I created the new_centOS.cfg
added following

bootloader = "/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/pygryb"  (there was no softlink
from /usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/pygryb to /usr/bin)
boot = "c"

full file uploaded here
http://pastebin.com/daeGSSpS

and then tried to boot
got an error

openworld:/etc/xen# xm create new_centOS.cfg
Using config file "./new_centOS.cfg".
Error: Bootloader isn't executable
about the above error on this link
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#A.22Error.3ABootloaderisn.27texecutable.22
some information was but it did not helped.As what they were saying I
had already done.

Then checked this link
http://strugglers.net/~andy/blog/2008/01/20/red-hat-based-linux-under-xen-from-debian-etch/

I did
usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/bin/pygrub /dev/virtualization/centos5-disk xvda

I get a brub screen .
A snapshot for the pygrub booting can be seen here
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4626021351_d1a6f9c014_b.jpg

But it fails to boot.

Giving following message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./pygrub", line 657, in <module>
   dir="/var/run/xend/boot")
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/tempfile.py", line 302, in mkstemp
   return _mkstemp_inner(dir, prefix, suffix, flags)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/tempfile.py", line 236, in _mkstemp_inner
   fd = _os.open(file, flags, 0600)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/run/xend/boot/boot_kernel.je5fbt'

I searched this but it did not gave me a single search result
http://www.google.co.in/search?sourceid=chrome&client=ubuntu&channel=cs&ie=UTF-8&q=OSError:+[Errno+2]+No+such+file+or+directory:+'/var/run/xend/boot/boot_kernel.je5fbt'

what can I check next ?
Vm is booting fine with QEMU.

Since it has been one week my patience has given up.

--
Tapas