Dell Power Edge R710 with CentOS

Tom Boland tom at t0mb.net
Fri May 21 02:56:34 CDT 2010

... I had a 410 in to test, and I do believe it uses a different
broadcom chip.  This is one from an R710, as shown in lspci:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)

I think yours will be a BCM 5716, and I'm not able to comment on how the
drivers are for that chip.

Cheers. Tom.