R510 question - how many volumes supported on Perc H700?

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed May 19 18:55:39 CDT 2010

On 20/05/10 00:35, Wiley Sanders wrote:

> Is this just a limitation on the preconfigured RAID configs I can order,
> a licensing restriction, or a true limitation on the number of volumes
> that the H700 can support?

I think it's the former.

We bought a load of R410s with 4 disks in RAID10.

We then bought another batch, exact same config, but were tld that we
couldn't order them with RAID10, so we had to order them with RAID5 and
reconfigure as RAID10 when they arrived. As it happened, half the batch
came with RAID10 anyway!

Depending on your application, it might be worth using RAID10, ie.
creating a large stripe out of your mirrored pairs.

Don't forget to buy battery-backed cache.

R.