R510 question - how many volumes supported on Perc H700?

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Wed May 19 18:51:10 CDT 2010

I'm not sure about the H700 and what configuration options are available.

As far as rebuild time, we can usually rebuild RAID5 on the old PERC5/I
using 8x 500GB SATA drives in about 3 hours or less. I would imagine that
the new controllers would be about the same or better (I know the PERC 6/I
was about the same as the PERC 5/I as far as rebuild time with the same
disks). Are you planning to use really large disks (1Tb-2Tb)? Is that why
you are concerned about half day rebuilds?

-Bond