PERC S300 on PET110

Wed May 19 10:29:07 CDT 2010

The S stands for software. You should either get the PERC H200 or the PERC H700 or just use linux software RAID.

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Rodrigo Trevisaneli
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:22 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PERC S300 on PET110

Hi,

I bought a PE T110 with a PERC S300 controller for 2x250GB RAID1.
Linux can not see the controller/disks and the "Dell Systems Build
and Update Utility" did not give me any Linux related option when
choosing the OS. Only MS Windows.

Dell Support told me now that this controller will not work on Linux.
I am still in contact with DELL, but...  There is no way to
install this controller in Linux? Also searching the web I found
that this is not a hardware RAID controller, is that correct?

Thank you.
Rodrigo