Help with local omsa mirror

Stephens, Bill {PBSG} Bill.Stephens at pepsico.com
Wed May 19 08:21:43 CDT 2010

I'm trying to set up a local mirror for OMSA 6.2.  My end goal is to be able to install OMSA and firmware updates from the local mirror using yum for RedHat and SLES machines.

I've rsync'd the Dell OMSA directory, and configured apache as follows:

Alias /dell /usr/dell/
<Directory /usr/dell>
   Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
   AllowOverride All
   Options All
   order deny,allow
</Directory>

When I run the wget command here's what I get back:

t01lap00013:~ # wget -q -O - http://devlinux.pbsg.pvt/dell/latest/bootstrap.cgi |bash
bash: line 3: import: command not found
bash: line 4: import: command not found
bash: line 5: import: command not found
bash: line 6: import: command not found
bash: line 8: sys.stderr: command not found
bash: line 10: serverXref: command not found
bash: line 11: geeko.linuxdev.us.dell.com:: command not found
bash: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
bash: line 12: `    }'

I haven't modified the cgi or shell scripts.  Do they need to be modified in any way?  Does the target server need anything in particular to run?  My first test system is running SLES 10 sp2 on a 2950.

Thanks,

Bill