drac4's uses

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Tue May 18 17:17:49 CDT 2010

We're planning on sticking with our 1850/2850s as our production environment
for the time being.  We never did DRAC4s in any of these machines when they
were new but you can get the cards used dirt cheap on ebay (as well as spare
1850 and 2850 systems).

Are the DRAC4 worth looking at when using non-supported OSes like Debian?  I
use openipmi for basic system health stuff but is there other cooler stuff
that the DRAC4 is able to do that ipmi isn't (for non-supported oses)?

-Matt