Dell Power Edge R710 with CentOS

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Tue May 18 11:52:14 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 12:23 +0100, Tom Boland wrote:
>  The first problem was that the NICs would just die randomly when
> under heavy load, which required a network restart.  This in
> particular can be resolved by adding options bnx2 disable_msi=1
> to /etc/modprobe.conf.

This discussion is very interesting, as I have a pair of R710's and I
have been running CentOS 5.4 on them. I have not encountered any NIC
issues and have not had to make any modprobe.conf changes, but I am
saving these messages for future reference in case we do see anything.
We have just started to do production work with these boxes but haven't
put them under really heavy load yet.

What does disable_msi actually do?

--Greg