2850 PERC 4e/Di drive errors

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Tue May 11 11:26:31 CDT 2010

On 2010-05-11 14:54, Matthew Lenz wrote:
> $ megactl -H
> a0       PERC 4e/Di               chan:2 ldrv:1  batt:good
> a0c0t0     279GiB  a0d0  online   errs: media:6  other:1
>      write errors: corr:  0    delay:  0    rewrit:  0    tot/corr:
> 0    tot/uncorr:  0
>       read errors: corr:  4Mi  delay: 58    reread:  0    tot/corr:
> 0    tot/uncorr:  0
>     verify errors: corr:  0    delay:  0    revrfy:  6    tot/corr:
> 0    tot/uncorr:  6
>     temperature: current:28C threshold:0C
>
> This is the only system with this showing up (of several x850 raid
> setups).  These systems are still under warranty should I request a
> replacement of this drive?  I really don't know how long this drive has
> been erroring.

Try running a long self-test on the drive (megactl -T long a0c0t0). If
it fails that it will be worth replacing it.

I'm assuming that that drive is part of a redunant RAID. Be aware that
if the disk is failing, a long self-test may turn up enough problems for
the PERC to knock the disk offline. If you don't have redundancy, back
the system up first...