MegaCLI 'Other Errors Count'

Benjamin_Gordy at Dell.com Benjamin_Gordy at Dell.com
Fri May 7 16:05:38 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Jacob Perkins
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:32 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: MegaCLI 'Other Errors Count'

Hello all!
I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
We're running RAID 10 on MegaRAID LSI cards and I'm seeing an 'Other
Error Count' being reported via MegaCLI.  What are these?  Should I
consider these health concerns?

Enclosure Device ID: 32
Slot Number: 0
Device Id: 0
Sequence Number: 2
Media Error Count: 0
Other Error Count: 9
Predictive Failure Count: 0
Last Predictive Failure Event Seq Number: 0
Raw Size: 715404MB [0x575466f0 Sectors]
Non Coerced Size: 714892MB [0x574466f0 Sectors]
Coerced Size: 714880MB [0x57440000 Sectors]
Firmware state: Online
SAS Address(0): 0x1221000000000000
Connected Port Number: 0(path0)
Inquiry Data: ATA     ST3750330NS     SN06            9QK25R6K

Thanks!