R710 + Perc H700 + Fedora 12 + updated megaraid_sas driver (4.17) : NO DISKS

Martin Corino mcorino at remedy.nl
Wed May 5 13:19:34 CDT 2010

Hi,

Has anyone been able to install this (or a similar) combination of
hardware and software?

We have recently acquired a new R710 with a Perc H700 and 2 SAS disks.
I have donwloaded the updated megaraid_sas driver from the Dell site,
built this (using DKMS) for the default Fedora 12 2.6.31.5-127 kernel
and used this kernel module to update a Fedora installation image.

The module loads without problems into an installed version of this
kernel version.

The installer also starts without any problems and using the shell
on the second console I can verify that the new megaraid_sas module
has been loaded into the kernel.

BUT, the installer does *not* detect any disks/volumes on the system.

Anybody any info?

--
Martin.