how to get rid of bad blocks in a file on PERC 5/I?

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Mon May 3 04:46:15 CDT 2010

Consistency Check:
Check consistency. A check consistency determines the integrity of a virtual disk's redundant data. When necessary, this feature rebuilds the redundant information.
Source:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/OMSS/cntrls.htm#wp681476

the remapping of bad sectors should be run automatically if the sector can't be written and the controller try to write or read from it.

Please check all times the controller log if you got filesystem erros like you described.
Check the log for Bad LBA's on the disk like searching the log file with "bad"
Check the Count of the LBA's and check if it occurs on multiple disks like a punctured stripe....

The log you can get per megacli or open manage:

Server Administrator cli:
omconfig storage controller action=exportlog controller=0
where controller 0 = id of the involved controller

Megacli:
Megacli -FwTermLog -Dsply -a0 > log.txt
- where a0 = controller 0

Best Regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Patrick Fischer
Senior Server Analyst
Dell | Global Support Services

Dell Halle GmbH in Vertretung für Dell GmbH
Raffineriestraße 28, 06112 Halle (Saale), Germany
Germany:  +49 69 9792 4299
Austria:    +43 820 240 58 256

mailto:Patrick_Fischer at dell.com, www.dell.de

Geschäftsführer: Barbara Wittmann, Michael Kenney
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürgen Renz
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Stendal unter HRB 215298, USt.-ID: DE242553389
WEEE-Reg.Nr. der Dell GmbH: DE 49515708
Online support - Antworten zu technischen Fragen, Treiber oder Anwendungsprogramme für ihr(e) System(e) http://support.euro.dell.com/support/index.aspx
Service call status - Abfrage zum Servicestatus ihres(r) System(e) http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/support_history/de/search