how to get rid of bad blocks in a file on PERC 5/I?

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Sat May 1 05:16:46 CDT 2010

On 01/05/10 07:16, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> disks, as long as the hardware RAID controller can keep up with the disks
> there would be no difference in performance.

I remember reading a benchmark which showed that under random I/O
patterns, the Linux software RAID performed better on a (from memory) 8
disks RAID5, due to better use of SCSI scatter/gather.  I think this was
vs. MegaRAID, but was a while ago.  I've not carried out any benchmarks
myself, and no idea whether this goes for SATA NCQ as well...

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.