Attaching MD's to R900

Jens_Heinz at Dell.com Jens_Heinz at Dell.com
Tue Jan 19 04:42:14 CST 2010

Yes, it is possible.

You can run a MD1000 either as an expansion unit for MD3000(i) (but not
more than 2x per MD3000(i)) or as JBOD.

The JBOD then can either be used on SAS5 HBA w/o RAID function or
connected to any external Perc to enable you to run RAIDs.

Jens.

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Nick Lunt
Sent: 19 January 2010 11:34
To: linux-poweredge-Lists; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Attaching MD's to R900

Hi

We have an MD3000 with 2 x MD1000 chained off it.

We now want to add another MD1000, can we add more SAS cards to the
server and attach the MD1000 to them ?

Ie can we have independent connections to an MD3000 and an MD1000 ?

Many thanks,

Nick.

signature database 4785 (20100119) __________

http://www.eset.com