How to reset BMC/ESM on PE1750

Mikolaj Kucharski mikolaj at kucharski.name
Tue Jan 12 08:19:30 CST 2010

Hi,

I have unknown 'ESM Version' as shown below, and when server is booting
during POST screen it's written:

	Embedded server management is not present

but it is present, and I cannot communicate with it. Is there any way to
reset it or is it possible that ESM/BMC got broken even if DRAC is working?
I already tried to unplug the server from power and wait 30 seconds.

Is there a way to replace it if I have spare servers which
are in our broken servers pool, but have good mobo?

# racadm -r 192.168.234.236 -u root -p calvin getsysinfo

RAC Information:
RAC Date/Time         = DSU+01:50:57
Firmware Version      = 3.38 (Build 12.14)
Firmware Updated      = DSU+00:16:09
Hardware Version      = A04
Current IP Address    = 192.168.50.181
Current IP Gateway    = 192.168.50.1