smartmontools on powerEdge 1950

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Thu Apr 15 19:55:24 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-15 20:30, KnX wrote:
> I tried but I said what has worked, the original idea for what I want to
> analyze this is bad sectors on my hard disk array, however I was unable
> to walk smartools hchar, any other ideas? know any way to get what I
> want without using SmartTools?

On SAS disk, you can query media error log pages on individual disks to
find this out using megasasctl:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/megactl/

Generally SAS disks support independent read, write, and verify error
log pages which will give you a count on low-level disk errors. SATA
disks are more limited.

You can also schedule disk self-tests using the -T option, regardless of
the disk type.