debian monitoring

P.A razor at
Tue Apr 13 11:56:25 CDT 2010

Prasana, thanks for the info, I actually  had downloaded this but it does
not come with MegaCLI which is shown on the example page you have below. I
don't think megactl and megacli are the same, someone correct me if im

From: prasana at gmail [mailto:prasana.iyengar at]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:20 PM
To: P.A
Cc: linux-poweredge at
Subject: Re: debian monitoring

For debian we have take the tgz and compiled it

hope this help,

prasana.iyengar at

Lord Kelvin said, "If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

On Apr 13, 2010, at 8:32 AM, P.A wrote:

Hi, I have some Dell 1950/2950 servers that are running Debian GNU/Linux 4.0
that I want to be able to monitor the RAID controller. (LSI Logic SAS based
MegaRAID driver). I have been reading that megCLI is the tool I need but I
can't find the download for debian.

I need to be able to monitor these server for disk failures etc, can someone
point me to the debian download/install instructions for megcli or if there
is another tool specific to debian I should be using. Sorry is this has been
asked before on this list.

Thanks, Paul

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at