1750 DRACs

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Sun Sep 27 19:43:54 CDT 2009

> Does anyone know of a way to make remote console functionality work
> correctly on 1750's DRACs? We have many of these machines in our
> environment and have never been able to interface with the remote
> console correctly. The hosts all run Linux. I am comfortable with an
> interface similar in functionality to the SSH console redirection on
> the 1950 DRACs; we only need TUI interaction. I'll the searching led
> me to believe that it is simply broken and unfixable.

Do you mean you can't get the BIOS/boot messages appearing over the
serial console or you can't get Linux appearing?  The two are configured
separately.  With the boot messages it should be a BIOS setting, with
Linux you should be able to add something like "console=tty0
console=ttyS1,115200n8" to the command line (to tell Linux to output
messages over the serial port, which the DRAC reads and makes available
via SSH.)  Make sure you tell Linux to use the right serial port (the
same one you've told the BIOS to send its messages to.)

Cheers,
Adam.