DRAC 6 express & console com2 not working

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur hntourneur at mactelecom.com
Fri Sep 25 07:35:00 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm facing an issue regarding the console com2 command. It's timing out.
What's really disturbing is that I got two identical setup (or they
looks like being identical) but only one of them work. Both servers are
R710 running Debian Lenny system.

Here is my setup howto :

	In remote access > configuration > serial :
		RAC Enabled, redirect enabled, 57.6kbps, timeout = 1920.

	On the Debian system :
		In /boot/grub/menu.lst, add:
		serial --unit=0 --speed=57600
		terminal --timeout=10 console serial

		console=ttyO console=com2 com2=57600,8n1 (kernel agrs)

		In /etc/inittab, add:
		s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS1 57600

	In the R710 BIOS :
		In serial communication :
			First param is : On with console redirect / COM2
			Ext serial connector : Remote access device
			Failsafe baud rate : 57600
			Serial port adr: COM1, COM2
			It's using VT100/VT220

Does anybody have an idea about  something I would be missing ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

--
Henry-Nicolas Tourneur