PROC Status processor sensor IERR

Bryan bryan.madhatter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 11:00:09 CST 2009

A CPU IERR is usually caused by a bad or failling peripheral card.  The
refers to an interrupt on the bus that was unable to be trapped.  Common
causes are bad HBAs, NICs, the PERC, or daughtercards like the DRAC.
Pulling add-on cards and adding them one by one is probably the best way to
isolate the failure, but it's tedious if the errors occur intermittently.
Tolerance-wise, updating the BIOS and BMC may help as well.