megactl

P.A razor at meganet.net
Mon Dec 28 14:51:08 CST 2009

Hi I search the list archives but couldn't find the answer.

I have a server using the PERC 5/I controller and I wanted to monitor it
with megactl. When I use megasasctl I get the following.

"unable to open device /dev/megaraid_sas_ioctl_node: No such file or
directory"

How do I create that file? I read somewhere that it's a udev issue but im
not sure. On the megactl README it says to run the "megasasrpt" script,
which I did and it didn't create that missing file.

02:0e.0 RAID bus controller: Dell PowerEdge Expandable RAID controller 5

megaraid_sas           25452  2

scsi_mod              124936  2 sd_mod,megaraid_sas

thanks for your time, Paul