RAID Perc 5 monitoring

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Mon Dec 28 13:29:53 CST 2009

On 2009-12-28 16:36, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
>> It is in a remote location, so command line tools would be great.  I
>
>   MegaCli from LSI is all that you need.   OMSA if your nights are long.

megasasctl can send you periodic reports of health of all physical and
logical disks. On SAS disks you can also check disk temperature and
various other log pages, or initiate disk self-tests in disk firmware.
One case where this is handy is when you're about to rotate a new disk
in after a failure; it's nice to be able to do a long self-test of the
new disk first so you don't have it fail in the middle of the rebuild.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/megactl/

You may wish to build from SVN, particularly if you need PERC6 RAID6
support. I haven't made a new release since before I had one to work with.