Dell OpenManage and their TTY logs

Mon Oct 6 09:00:13 CDT 2008

The size of these files is also being addressed in the latest patches
and newest version of OMSA when it is released.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Kaj Niemi
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 7:57 AM
To: tobias.sandhaas at netplace.com
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Dell OpenManage and their TTY logs

Hi,

As you have RHEL5 I'm kind of assuming you have logrotate installed.
If so, create /etc/logrotate.d/omsa-tty (name doesn't matter) containing
approximately the following:

/var/log/TTY_00000000.log {
     missingok
     daily
     notifempty
     rotate 15
     compress
}

Once the file gets rotated OMSA will create another. If daily is too
aggressive try "weekly" instead.