Configuring Patrol Read on PERC5/i

Mon May 12 09:36:28 CDT 2008

You can change the Patrol Read Rate or change the mode to manual.

Changing the rate will slow each Patrol Read down and allow for more IO
to go on during the Patrol Read. Or you can change the mode to manual
and start and stop the patrol read during low demand times.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Tino Schwarze
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:54 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Configuring Patrol Read on PERC5/i

Hi there,

is there anything I can configure about the patrol read of a PERC5/i? I
couldn't find anything with "omconfig storage -?"... I'd like to have
fewer patrol reads and lower the impact - the server has a severe IO
bottleneck anyway, now it slowed down to a crawl.

Thanks,

Tino.

--
"What we resist, persists." (Zen saying)

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de