lm_sensors and Dell PE1950

Michael Krell mkrell at tippingpoint.com
Mon May 5 15:53:04 CDT 2008

  Has anyone on the list had any luck getting any version of lm_sensors (HYPERLINK "http://www.lm-sensors.org/"http://www.lm-sensors.org/) working on the Dell PowerEdge 1950 hardware?  I’ve tried lm_sensors 3.0.1 and 2.9.2.  I am attempting to pull CPU core temp and ambient temp from the unit, and want to nail down if I have a configuration problem with my lm_sensors config or if the hardware is even supported.  I’m working under Fedora Core 5.

  So far, I am drawing a blank on what modules to load for the PE1950 so that lm_sensors can see the boards (no PCI bus sensors found, but may not be present anyway) – thus far, with the newest sensors-detect it can pick up the Intel Core family thermal sensor with driver ‘coretemp’  and the Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor with driver ‘to-be-written’.  My confidence is not high that I can find any other sensors, just seeing if anyone else has tried this.  Thanks!

-Mike

Checked by AVG.