No subject

Shane Corbin corbin.sl at gmail.com
Mon May 5 10:24:55 CDT 2008

I have a Dell Poweredge 6450 with a PERC 2/DC raid controller.  I have installed
the newest version of omsa available for debian through the apt repository
ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/sara-omsa/

The web interface works great and so do the om utilities.  Except for one thing.
The om utils do not recognize teh PERC 2/DC as a storage controller.  All of my
disks are managed with the PERC 2/DC due to the fact that the embedded AIC-7899P
controller is not raid capable.  This is the main reason for using these utilities.
 When a drive goes bad, I have to powerdown the machine in order to enter the
controller bios to silence the alarm, rebuild array, etc...

If anyone has any experience with the PERC 2/DC controller with the om utils please
help.  Dell tech support mentioned that I may need to use the array manager, I do
not see an "Array Manager."  Before switching to debian linux, the omsa installed
with windows server 2003 managed this controller just fine.

Thanks
--
Shane Corbin
Independant Computer Consultant