TTY_00000000.log files

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Sat Mar 29 21:25:53 CDT 2008

Hi,

	I'm running with OpenManage 5.3 under RHEL 4 and 5. I'm having a
problem with huge TTY_00000000.log files being generated in my log
directory. The system uptime is 45 days and the most recent log file
is 690 mb. I spoke to the linux support people and they thought it was
openmange, so I spoke to that group and they thought it was a linux
thing. One suggestion from the linux guys was that I should turn off
patrolread, and they wouldn't grow as fast. That didn't seem like a
good solution to me. I realize I can just delete them, but is there
any way to make it so they aren't generated at all.

Thanks,
-Rob