CENTOS irst tim root "mmory or rsh krnl..."

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Jul 9 11:52:28 CDT 2008

On Tue, July 8, 2008 17:28, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> I installed Centos 5.2 on DELL 2650 server (fresh install).  After
> installed finish, I reboot server and get following messages and server
> hang: Â Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
>  Redhat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting   Anyone know why?  Thanks. Â

Here's my favorite answer, from the first result returned when Googling
the "error" message:

"Re: Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range

Left click on the eighth tab, above. Enter the string crash kernel. Select
forums. Left click on search. Read the threads.
This thread
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11474&forum=37&post_id=37221#forumpost37221
is the first of a number.
Read the release notes http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.1
I recall you asked this question late last year. The answer you were given
then still is true.

HTH.
Alan"

Anybody needs me, I'll be over in the corner swapping lies with my Indian
buddy, Red Hat Nash.