PowerEdge SC440 Pentium-D CPU upgrade question

Zheng-Da Tan tzdlist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:22:53 CST 2008

A year ago I bought a Dell PowerEdge SC440 with the following CPU:

Dual Core Intel(R) Pentium(R)D 915, 2x2MB Cache, 2.8GHz, 800MHz FSB

Everything is nice about the box, except the CPU does not support Intel-VT.

I want to upgrade the CPU to a Pentium D 9x0 CPU that supports
virtualization.  I'm sure the Pentium-D 920 will fit the current
system, but does anyone know if the 930, 940, 950 or 960 will also
work on the SC440 motherboard?

Thanks and best regards,