Perc3 and OpenSuSE 11

Thu Aug 28 15:03:24 CDT 2008

Shared memory can be a security issue... so it wouldn't surprise me if
AppArmor or something is disabling it...

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Quinn
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:00 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Perc3 and OpenSuSE 11

I  have a Poweredge 2650 connected to a disk shelf.  When I was running
SuSE 10.2, percagent, percsnmpd etc. were running fine.  I recently
upgraded to SuSE 10.3 and the perc stuff isn't working anymore.

The following rpms are installed:

percsnmp-4.09-1

dellmgr-5.31-0

megamon-4.0-0a

Now, in /var/log/messages, I'm getting the following, about once a
minute:

-------------------

Aug 28 13:48:45 <server> MegaRAID SNMP AGENT: Error in getting Shared
Memory(percmain)

-------------------

When trying to start percsnmpd, I get the following:

Starting Dell PERC SNMP AgentDell PERC SNMP Agent Ver 4.09 (Jan 29,
2003) Started

No adapters found

Dell PERC SNMP Agent has been stopped

Would the shared memory error be indicative of something SuSe 11 is
doing?  Any idea what I could do to get percsnmp running again?

Thanks,

-Jeff Quinn