Dell Warranty check

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Aug 22 21:53:00 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 04:13:05PM +0200, Claudio De Luca wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i need to check the dell warranty expiration, i know that i can do it
> from the DELL site using the service tag, but we have a lot of servers
> and we want develope a php script that tell me when expire the warranty
> on the server, so is there any way to check it from ssh or from the drac
> console?

I was given some code to review just this week, but I'm (luckily) out
on vacation.  Soon as I get a chance to push this through the
process, I'll post it on linux.dell.com.  The idea is:

1. run script on systems, collect service tags.
2. loop through service tags, screen-scraping the proper URLs on
   support.dell.com and respond.

with some assurance that said scripts will be kept up-to-date as the
screen scraping is forced to change...

Poke me in a couple weeks if you haven't heard back from me.

Thanks,
Matt
--
Matt Domsch