Fwd: manual/tutorial for raid monitoring

Brad Hein linuxbrad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:36:11 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brad Hein <linuxbrad at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: manual/tutorial for raid monitoring
To: Matthias Ritzkowski <mritzkowski at whdh.com>

If you haven't already installed it, start with openmanage. see
linux.dell.com and I think it may also be called OMSA or server
administrator.

This command gives a good summary of RAID... assuming you have one array on
the box:
# omreport storage vdisk

the omreport command is a gold mine of information, there's a reference
manual floating around too, not too hard to find on the Dell web site (or
google) with a little search.

Here we are:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/1.9/en/stormgmt/cli.html