firmware-tools package?

Reid Wightman reidkr at spawar.navy.mil
Wed May 16 20:22:01 CDT 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:

> To update your PERC, you will need dell-lsiflash module. The LSI flash
> RPMs are in the fwupdate.com repo, as well as in the bios-hdrs/ subdir
> of the software repo (ROMs only, no RPMS).

Okay, I downloaded dell-lsiflash, installed it, etc.  Not sure what to
do with it at this point, as the documentation is a little sparse
:)...when I run 'linflash -q' though it complains about not being able
to find the device (there's no megadev device listed in my /proc/devices).

I see the roms on fwupdate.com.  I'm assuming that I need to download a
firmware that matches the vendor/device code on my controller, but my
perc 3/di is 1028:000a and I don't see any header with that value.  Its
'subsystem' label on the bus is 1028:0121 which does match quite a few
of the packages.  What's the general scheme for these files, e.g. how do
I make sure that I'm getting the latest header rpm that is correct for
my card?

> Which OS are you running?

RHEL4U5(AS, though I doubt that matters).

> I noticed the Makefile was missing from the tarball a couple weeks ago,
> and I have an update queued up to fix that oversight. (Most people
> install the RPM rather than compiling from source.) Additionally, I now
> have public git repos available as of yesterday. :) (still working on
> updating docs.)

Yeah, I'm a little strange.  I build my own RPMs before putting them in
my dell RHN channel.  I tweak things if necessary before deploying to
all of my servers.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Reid