Experience setting processor affinity with RHEL

John Murtari jmurtari at thebook.com
Wed May 16 11:17:42 CDT 2007

Folks,

        All our servers our SMP systems, mostly running sendmail,
MySQL, Tomcat, and Apache.  I've read articles on setting the 'processor
affinity' for a process to improve performance, e.g. helps with
memory cache usage.  RHEL supports it, I see one article at:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_80_3918.shtm, for background
an old article at: http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_80_3918.shtm

        Has anyone used this on their servers and seen a
performance improvement?  Any thing to look our for before trying
it?  We are running RHEL 4 on Poweredge 2600's and 1800's

        Thanks.
--
                                          John